Sunday 29 September 2013

The end of an era

This is a rather short posting but one I think warrants writing.

Today is the end of an era for me as I have just submitted my last ever Your Thurrock column.  I explained my reasons for leaving, thanked who I needed to thank and then left with a conversational bombshell relating my views on the subject I have avoided talking about for months - mass immigration.  It's such an emotive subject that I didn't want to be inundated with racist propaganda filled comments on it and I made the decision that I would submit my piece and not look back this time.  In fact, I won't be looking at Your Thurrock again.  Promises made to me were broken and I started feeling as though I was just being used to fill space.  The column became a chore that was not benefiting me or moving me forward towards my employment goals so it really was time to leave.

I may not get as many readers here but I still get the enjoyment of writing the posts that appear here so this blog will remain active.

It's sad to think of the high hopes I had for my involvement with Your Thurrock coming to naught but I'm not looking back because I'm looking to build a future.

If it doesn't get published on Your Thurrock, I'll post my last column here instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment