Wednesday 13 November 2013

Proof if any were needed that UK MPs are completely unaccountable



Below is the full text of the response I got back from Grant Shapps’ office with regards to the follow up to the complaint I made to him regarding Jackie Doyle-Price.

Dear Mr Cook,

I am writing on behalf of the Party Chairman, The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, who has asked me to thank you for your recent email.

We are grateful to you for bringing this issue to our attention, and I am sure that the Chairman will be very sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having.

However, as you may appreciate, Grant is not in a position to intervene in matters such as these, regarding decisions taken by an individual Member of Parliament. As I am sure you will understand, it is up to all locally and democratically elected MPs to represent their constituents as they feel is most appropriate.

I do appreciate you taking the trouble to let us know your views, which I will be sure to pass on.

Thank you, again, for taking the time and trouble to get in touch.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver

Oliver Wells
Office of the Party Chairmen
Conservative Campaign Headquarters

As you can see, Mr Shapps is as useless as the rest of Parliament as he is willing to let party members ignore their constituent’s views if they see fit.

I don’t know about you but I don’t think ignoring one’s duty to be quite the right act of any elected representative and makes me think that our “locally and democratically elected MPs” can remain completely unaccountable to the people they were elected to serve the interests of simply by virtue of the fact that there is no one keeping an eye on them.

I think that the only recourse open to those of us who have been ignored by our MP is to try going to the Parliamentary Standards Committee which will be my next port of call.

No comments:

Post a Comment