Tuesday 29 October 2013

Reply from Stephen Metcalfe MP

Below is the full text of the reply I received from Stephen Metcalfe MP with regards to my request for his help with my MP, Jackie Doyle-Price.
As I suspected, he is unwilling to assist me and has hidden behind official protocol rather than trying to make a difference.
Dear Mr Cook,
Thank you for your email.
While I understand your concern that my colleague has not responded in the manner you would wish, I am sure you will appreciate it is not for one Member of Parliament to tell another how to deal with their constituents.
Indeed there is a strict parliamentary protocol that stops one Member of Parliament from dealing with another MPs constituents.
Thank you again for your email.
Yours sincerely
Stephen Metcalfe
Member of Parliament for South Basildon & East Thurrock
I have sent the following reply.
Dear Mr Metcalfe,
Thank you for your reply. I did not think that you would help me but at least you had the decency to reply which is more than Ms Doyle-Price does.
I was hoping that you would be willing to spread some of the good practice you do to others regardless of official protocol but I am not surprised that you have declined.
Thank you again for your response.
Regards,
Myles Cook
I'm not expecting a reply but, if I get one, I post it right here on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment