Tuesday 11 June 2013

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

So, the last few days have been a real pain in the butt.

Most of my time has been spent falling asleep whether I'm tired or not.  I seem to just lose consciousness.  I'm not sure whether it's the side effect of my medication or what but I wake up late, fall asleep during the evening and during the night too.  It seems as though I am slowly becoming a summertime hibernator whether I like it or not.

I suppose I shouldn't go public with this information because all it will do is give ammunition to the anti-welfare lobby as I have become the type of person they hold up as a negative stereotype of welfare claimants.  It is not, however, something I have any control over and this blog is meant to be both my thoughts on different subjects and a true reflection of my experiences of being a sufferer of depression.

I still do the odd bit of voluntary work but I have to admit that since the DLA tribunal decided to hold my voluntary work against me when I appealed against the rejection of my claim, I wonder whether I should even bother.

The Government would probably hate me now that I've become a hibernator because they hate people getting money for nothing but if doing any voluntary work is going to stop people getting benefits they are entitled to, why should we bother to do anything?

I don't like being a hibernator and it's really getting me down which is only making things worse; however, until I can get to see my consultant psychiatrist to discuss the current developments in my condition, I will have to put up with it as best I can and hope to Hell that I can manage to make it to the couple of bits of voluntary work I have got coming up.

It will be interesting to find out when my psychiatrist realises that he's now three months behind on my next appointment or if I'll have to wait another 11 months as I did between the previous two appointments.

Anyway, I can feel my eyelids getting heavy so I'll finish here and zzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment