Saturday 12 May 2012

Another dark day

I am getting rather sick of apparently wasting my time posting the wisdom that runs around in my head and it reaching so few people.  I would dearly like to see huge numbers reading my stuff in the hope that it may actually change things for the better.  My last Your Thurrock blog about the case for political change ended up being posted here as I was sick and tired of waiting for it to be posted on YT whilst a blog by a new columnist called Thomas got posted.  I will not go into whether I thought it was a well-written piece or not but I will say this, it was a column about why he did not vote in the local election and covered a lot of the same ground that I have covered in my YT column.  This would not be so bad if it were not for the amount of readers who commented that it was a good piece and highlighted some of the problems in the field of politics.  This seems like a slap in the face to me, seeing as how I have been saying all of this in my column for months and got nothing for it except a personal attack.  Where is the justice in that?
As I said in an earlier posting, May is not the best month for me because of the reasons I gave in that posting.  I now have even more reason to hate this month – my cat, Merlin, is ill again.  He has been throwing up a lot and he has now had to be put on a prescription only diet food for cats with kidney problems that is so expensive that he will actually be eating better than anyone else in the family.  Money is getting extremely tight and I am frightened every time a brown envelope hits the doormat as all I can think about is the fact that my benefit will be stopped or reduced due to the cuts in public spending that are actually doing nothing to solve the problem of the national debt crisis.  Each trip to the front door makes me so nervous that it is a wonder that I can actually make it every day.
I am beginning to think that my life is never going to improve, that whatever I do to try to improve it will blow up in my bloody face and just make things worse.  I just want something good to be able to cling to, something to make my journey through life just a little less dark.  Is that really too much to ask?
Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment